Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Day in the Life of Sarah

I was looking through our pictures tonight and noticed how many "around the house" pictures we have, so I decided it was time for a blog about our day-to-day insanity.

Emma and Sadie are two extremely emotional, high-strung, energetic girls. They have very active imaginations. Emma loves to pretend she's an animal, the weirder the better. She was home sick from school a few days ago, and no matter how hard I try to make her "rest," all I can get Emma to do is slow down long enough to color. She decided she needed bird wings and a bird tail. This is what she came up with:

Yes, the wings are on her stomach, and that is a toy thermometer in her pants. The worst part of the ordeal was that Sadie was later found with the same thermometer in her mouth. Yum.

Sadie was feeling rather adventurous herself that day, and decided that she should hide in part of their little play table:



Yes, that is a huge booger in her nose. Contrary to popular belief, I do wipe my children's noses. It just happens to be sporadic, and only when we are going out in public.

Dodger, our Jack Russell, apparently had decided he'd had enough. His days are full of chasing squirrels that he will never catch in our backyard, although there is one squirrel out there with no tail left. (You do the math.) I'd have wanted to end it after watching our shenanigans too:

My sentiments exactly Dodger.

After a hard day, I like to cuddle up with a good book and cast a few spells in my Wizard Blue Snuggie, compliments of my hilarious bro Robert and sis Rachel. Eat your heart out Hermione Granger.For those concerned: I really am not completely crazy--I've never attempted a spell, and I do wipe my kids noses occasionally. The snuggie explains itself--why would I want to move my hand out from under my blanket when I can wear a bathrobe backwards and cast spells? However, if I ever take it to any sporting event and find myself surrounded by other snuggie clad fans, or if they ever invent a snappy "hood" to go with it, I will know that I've unwittingly stumbled into a cult, and my love affair with the snuggie will be over.

May your March be full of laughs and LOTS of naps!

2 comments:

Rie Teemant said...

LOL This is so fun! And I know about he Harry Potter delusions. When my friend in England asked me what I wanted to see when I was over there, I told her platfom 9 3/4 (they have a cart that looks like it's going through the wall) and she told me that was fine, but if I tried to go through, she doesn't know me.

I love the pictures!

Neal & Michelle Bastian said...

Sarah! I LOVE reading your posts! They totally crack me up! First of all, the snuggy kills me, and I think I want one... Only if it comes with a wand!! Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!! I cannot wait to see you guys again!!